On April 25, 2014 there will be the press conference with the announcement of results of the international competition for architectural and urban-planning concept of the territory of the “Serp & Molot” plant.
Place: Press centre “RIA Novosti“, Presidential hall
Address: Moscow, Zubovsky boulevard, 4
Accreditation: till April 24 (before 17:00)
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +7(916) 801-1926, Alina Kuchumova
The representatives of the Customer and the Convener of the competition, and also members of the jury are billed to speak at the press conference.
- Sergey Kuznetsov – chief architect of Moscow
- Alyona Deryabina – general director of Closed Joint-Stock Company “Don-Stroy Invest”
- Karima Nigmatulina – director of the State Unitary Enterprise “Research and Project Institute of General Planning for the city of Moscow”
- Alisa Belyakova – chief of department of architectural and urban planning competitions, the State Unitary Enterprise “Research and Project Institute of General Planning for the city of Moscow”
Speakers of the first row:
- Oleg A. Baevsky – graduated architect - urban planner, Honoured architect of the Russian Federation, Honourable builder of Academy of Architecture, Deputy Director of State Unitary Enterprise “Research and Project Institute of General Planning for the city of Moscow”, Director of Scientific-Production Association of Territorial planning
- Ricardo Bofill – architect - urban planner, vice-president of Ricardo Bofill Taller de Arquitectura (RBTA)
- Etienne Tricaud – engineer-architect, founder of Design Bureau AREP
- Karina Ricks – specialist in the sphere of transport, public finances and land use planning, partner of Nelson Nygaard
- Hans Stimmann – former head of Berlin Senate's Department for Urban Development, member of Union of Moscow architects, member of Architecture Council of Moscow
- Piotr Lorens – vice-president of International Society of City and Regional Planners of ISOCARP, dean of faculty of urban design and regional planning of Gdansk technological university
- Oliver Schulze – the leading Danish urbanist practicing in bureau Schulze + Grassov (Copenhagen) and Citymakers (Moscow)
- Stanislav Arkhipov – the head of department of evolution of designs of Closed Joint-Stock Company «Don-Stroy Invest»
- Irina Postovalova – the head business of a direction of sale of Closed Joint-Stock Company «Don-Stroy Invest»
The acceptance of applications for participating in the international competition for architectural and urban-planning concept of development of the territory of the “Serp & Molot” plant was closed on November 7. During 2 months there are 52 applications for participating in the competition filed by consortiums, which include - 157 companies from 17 countries of the world.
On November 21, 2013 the first meeting of the international jury was taken place. During the voting they selected 5 teams which were engaged in development of projects of the concept of industrial zone “Serp & Molot”. The task of finalists consisted in creating the concept of multipurpose urban environment with the well-developed infrastructure, public spaces and green zones.
On April 24, 2014 the experts from each consortium-finalist will present developed projects, and the international jury, which includes the leading experts in the field of urban-planning from Russia, Denmark, USA, France, Spain, Japan, Germany, will range architectural and urban-planning concepts.
The information on the project:
The customer of the competition – Closed Joint-Stock Company «Don-Stroy Invest»
The convener – State Unitary Enterprise “Research and Project Institute of General Planning for the city of Moscow”
The competition is being held under the aegis of the Moscow Architecture Committee.
The territory under consideration is a part of the territory of industrial zone № 23 “Serp & Molot” located in the district Lefortovo, Southeastern Administrative Okrug of Moscow. Total area of the territory, which is the subject of development of layout, constitutes 87 hectares. The area which will be subject to designing is about 60 hectares.
Today the territory of “Serp & Molot” plant presents the territory closed for the city, the production program is considerably curtailed, a part of buildings is empty. After complex reorganization the city of Moscow will obtain modern residential neighbourhood with schools, kindergartens, polyclinics, culture objects, green zones and office buildings of new generation. The proximity to metro stations “Square of Ilyich” and “Aviamotornaya”, and also to the platform “Serp & Molot” of Gorkiy direction of Moscow railway will ensure good transport accessibility for new district.
The reorganization of industrial zones in Moscow - important resource for balanced development of the city, promoting to solve several key problems. The withdrawal of nonfunctional industrial enterprises and creation instead of them of modern urban fabric will seriously improve ecological situation in the city and investment appeal of territories. The new job creation near new residential complexes will considerably reduce the daily commutation from suburbs to the centre of the city, and, therefore, transport traffic.
Leaders of five consortiums-finalists:
- LDA Design (Great Britain)
- Ateliers Lion Associés (France)
- De Architekten CIE (Netherlands)
- MVRDV (Netherlands)
- Project Meganom (Russia)